Usually, puzzles have a beginning (the sea of pieces), a middle (the sorting, the filled and gapped sections), and an end (the utterly satisfying snap of the final piece in place). But what if you upended everything? Nervous System has done exactly that with their unique Infinite Earth Puzzle. With no fixed shape, no starting point, and no edges, it can be assembled in, well, an infinite number of ways. This puzzle is based on an icosahedral projection and has the topology of a sphere. This means it has no edges, no North and South, and no fixed shape.
- 441 pieces
- Includes 16 special whimsy pieces, shaped like animals of the world
- Based on photographs from NASA's Earth Observatory
- Dimensions: variable, 21 x 10 inches at smallest configuration
- Materials: laser cut birch plywood
- Comes in an attractive black gift-ready storage box
- Made in Somerville, Massachusetts
About Nervous System
Nervous System is a generative design studio that works at the intersection of science, art, and technology. They create using a novel process that employs computer simulation to generate designs and digital fabrication to realize products. Drawing inspiration from natural phenomena, Nervous System writes computer programs based on processes and patterns found in nature and use those programs to create unique and affordable art, jewelry, and housewares.